Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm Here!

Two years ago I walked into a home for an interview, not knowing that the job I was trying to get would change my life forever. And had I not taken that job two years ago, I wouldn't be in this class today, literally.

That nanny position has completely changed the direction of my life in many ways. The family that I work for has become more than my bosses, they have become MY family. I had always thought about going back to school, but it wasn't an option for me a few years ago. However, my boss, Katherine, has given me a rare blessing. She is sending me to school, tuition and expenses paid for.

So now, I am a 23 year old set out on the education journey trying to figure out who I am and what exactly I want to do with the rest of my life. I'm still working full time as well as going to school close to full time, leaving me busier than I've ever been in my life. But there is nothing else I would trade this life style for now.

I've not decided on a major yet, but I know that in time as I discover more about who I am, that will come easy. I feel no need to rush into that completely, but hopefully it will come to me within a year or so as I begin to apply for a transfer to the University of Michigan.

I'm taking this creative writing course to hopefully find out more about myself and career possibilities as I have come to know that thinking outside of the box is the most important asset in the job world. I'm hoping this class continues to embark an exciting journey on this new path I've begun to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment