Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wreckage of Reason- Whirlwind

My favorite of the first set of short stories is New York/LA Whirlwind Romance. Reading through the quotes by the man in the first half remind me so much of the things a guy says before actually engaging in a sexual relationship. So often guys will tell you the things that they think you want to hear, in order to get to the place they want to be; in bed. And the second half of the story are the things that I would associate with how a guy starts behaving and acting after the sexual relations have already taken place.

Not only do I relate well with this short story, if that's what it is called, I also think it's a great idea! Many times while out with friends we'll be walking along and I hear someone say something who is off in the distance. I catch myself actually answering their questions and many time, I do it out loud. My friends think I am a little odd for listening in on other people's conversations, but it's actually a lot of fun and very insightful. And to read a story that is composed entirely of other people's conversations is kind of cool. It has inspired me to actually write down some of the interesting things I hear along the way. Especially since I've already gotten past the whole "it's weird to listen in on other people" phase.


No comments:

Post a Comment